[waisworkshop-announce] Save the date: WAIS Workshop 2019 - October 16-18, 2019

Announcement-only list for WAIS Meeting waisworkshop-announce at nsidc.org
Thu Apr 4 11:28:06 MDT 2019

The 2019 WAIS Workshop is scheduled forOctober 16-18, 2019,at the newly
remodeled Camp Cedar Glen near Julian, California. This NSF- and
NASA-sponsored meeting hosts transdisciplinary and societally critical
science focused on marine ice-sheet and adjacent earth systems, with
particular emphasis on the West Antarctic Ice Sheet. Similar to past
years, registration and abstraction submission will open in early July
and the abstract deadline will be in August. The WAIS Workshop will
immediately follow the 2019 Interdisciplinary Antarctic Earth Sciences
meeting from October 13-15, also at Camp Cedar Glen.

The meeting will follow a similar format as past meetings with a single
session style and panel discussions following each scientific program
session. This year we will be adding new features to the WAIS Workshop
to increase accessibility for the wider community and to continue and
push forward our community’s ongoing discussions surrounding diversity,
inclusion, and retention. More details on these programs will be
announced along with session themes, and registration, travel support,
and abstract deadlines in the coming months.

We want to encourage the participation of graduate students and early
career scientists, as well as scientists in fields relevant to West
Antarctic Ice Sheet system, such as biologists, atmospheric scientists,
computer scientists, and engineers. Hope to see you all in October in
sunny Southern California!

Best,

The WAIS Workshop Organizing Committee (Knut Christianson, Indrani Das,
Joseph MacGregor, Brooke Medley, Matthew Siegfried, Lauren Simkins) and
Workshop Host (Helen Fricker)