[Seisunix] chaotic reflection pattern

Juan Lorenzo gllore at lsu.edu
Sun Apr 8 18:05:02 MDT 2018

IT is strange because the discontinuous reflections are confined to the
middle layer.  That is if it were gas, then it would have to be produced
AND confined

to the layer of it source.  Are the units above and below impermeable?

Interpretation is a lot about the context and auxiliary information...

Is this a stacked section? Or a single-channel analog plot?

Regards,

Juan Lorenzo

On 4/8/2018 6:55 AM, jagadeesh raj wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find the attached image.
>
> This is a EdgeTech 3300 HM 5 x 5-array sub-bottom profiler data from
> Iran near shore.
>
> I assume  type of reflections are generally caused by gas charged
> sediments or poorly sorted sediments. Can anybody give more details on
> this??
>

> Jagadeesh Raj

--LSU--
Juan M. Lorenzo
Associate Professor
Ernest & Alice Neal Professorship in Geology & Geophysics
Adjunct Faculty in Dept. Petroleum Engineering
Howe-Russell-Kniffen Building Room 215
Corner South Campus/Tower Drives
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4101
Tel.:                     (225) 578-4249
Fax:                      (225) 578-2302
Seismic Shop:             (225) 578-3424
Harrison Subsurface Lab:  (225) 578-4816
e-mail: gllore at lsu.edu