LUG: Gaming on Linux!

J. Westarp jwestarp at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Sep 23 21:52:44 MDT 2019

Hello LUG,

This Thursday 9/26, Jesus Nuñez will be giving a talk on running your
favorite games on Linux! Gaming on Linux has come a long way in the
past few years thanks to software like Proton and Lutris. This
meeting, we will be having pizza because it's a fun topic. As usual,
the help session is at 17:00 in ALAMODE beforehand.

The LAN party will be the evening after (Friday, 9/27) in ALAMODE from
approximately 18:00 to 06:00 the next morning. You're welcome to stay
for whatever amount of time you like. A lot of people bring their own
desktops and laptops, but we play games that run on the lab computers
too. We will have soda and snacks. Please bring cash (about $6) if you
would like a small pizza from Domino's.

If you and your desktop need a ride, or you have a car and are willing
to drive people, please put your name on the LUG Matrix chat Etherpad
(browser link: https://scalar.vector.im/etherpad/p/!hdOAnYjhEwUTetWNXf_matrix.org).

Hope to see you all there!
Jo Westarp
--