LUG: Final LUG meeting of 2019: Dank Memes + LAN party this Friday

J. Westarp jwestarp at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Nov 19 12:54:33 MST 2019

Hello LUG,

It turns out the semester doesn't have any more Thursdays left before
Dead Day, so at this week's meeting we will be sharing humorous
knowledge related to software. It's just for fun, but a sort of
lighthearted and clever attitude has been part of UNIX since the '70s,
so you might learn something too. We will be meeting at 18:00 Thursday
11/21 in BB 269. The help session is still at 17:00 in ALAMODE
beforehand.

The LAN party will be this Friday, 11/22 in ALAMODE from approximately
18:00 to 06:00 the next morning. You're welcome to stay for whatever
amount of time you like. A lot of people bring their own desktops and
laptops, but we play games that run on the lab computers too. We will
have soda and snacks. Please bring cash (about $6) if you would like a
small pizza from Domino's.

If you and your desktop need a ride, or you have a car and are willing
to drive people, please put your name on the LUG Matrix chat Etherpad
(browser link: https://scalar.vector.im/etherpad/p/!hdOAnYjhEwUTetWNXf_matrix.org).

I hope you will all be there!
Jo Westarp
--