LUG: Meeting this Thursday

Jackson Garner jgarner at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Jan 8 11:40:07 MST 2019

Hello everyone,

I hope winter break was fun! This Thursday, Joseph and Sumner will be
giving a talk about LaTeX and Beamer and how they can be used for writing
essays, creating presentations, and more. This talk should cover everything
from what LaTeX is to some advanced topics like managing bibliographies and
drawing figures. As usual, we will be meeting at 6pm in Alamode (BB136) and
dinner will be provided.

Next Thursday will be the C-MAPP party from 5-7 in the student center grand
ballroom. This is a fantastic chance to network with others in industry.
Because of this, we won't be meeting next week.

Finally, we have a Matrix room available where LUG members like to talk
about random topics. If you want to join us, you can do so at
https://riot.im/app/#/room/#mines-lug:matrix.org. Of course the mailing
list will still be the primary form of communication, but if you have a
quick question or just want to chat, you can join us there.

Thanks,
Jack Garner