LUG: First Linux Users Group meeting of the semester

J. Westarp jwestarp at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Aug 27 08:27:11 MDT 2019

Hello everyone,

LUG's first meeting of Fall 2019 is this Thursday, August 29 at 6pm in BB
W210. Note that this is a different location from previous years.
At 5pm beforehand in ALAMODE (BB 136) is the Linux help session.

I am going to give a presentation on what Linux is, what makes it unique,
and the ideology of free and open-source software. Afterwards, we will have
a Linux install party, so bring your laptop (don't forget your charger) or
desktop. LUG also has laptops available to borrow for the year.

Finally, I will mostly use this mailing list for club announcements, but
anyone, LUG member or not, is also encouraged to use it to ask for help
with Linux-related questions.

Hope to see you all there!
Jo Westarp
--