LUG: Fwd: Tmux and screen issues in alamode ISSUE=186506 PROJ=12

Samuel Warfield warfield at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Nov 5 12:46:51 MST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mines Help Center <helpdesk at mines.edu>
Date: Mon, Nov 5, 2018, 12:45
Subject: Tmux and screen issues in alamode ISSUE=186506 PROJ=12
To: <warfield at mymail.mines.edu>

*When replying, type your text above this line.*
------------------------------

Your support request has been received and routed to *Team Lab, zTeam CCIT*.

*Description(s)*:
*Entered on 11/05/2018 at 12:44:27 PM MST (GMT-0700) by Jeff Norris:*
Hi, Samuel,

Try running the command:

$ loginctl enable-linger

Then launch your process as follows:

$ systemd-run --scope --user *command args*

For example:

$ systemd-run --scope --user nohup watch uptime &

Please let me know if this method works for you or not.

Thank you,
Jeff

*Entered on 11/05/2018 at 12:40:49 PM MST (GMT-0700) by
warfield at mymail.mines.edu <warfield at mymail.mines.edu>:*
It seems screen and tmux give the illusion of working while your logged
in, but sessions are discarded when they are detached and the hosting
login process disconnects. Which means I cannot reconnect sessions at
a later date.

Multiple users have reported this issue to the LUG mailing list

*Customer*: Samuel Warfield
*Phone*: 7202788897
*Office*: Alamode
*Email*: warfield at mymail.mines.edu