LUG: CS at Mines Distinguished Speaker at 4 PM today

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:31:16 MST 2018

LUGgers,

Before our meeting today, CS at Mines is holding another distinguished
speaker:

National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) CEO and
Co-founder Lucy Sanders will present "Inclusive Leadership and
Innovation".

Abstract: Innovation is born within the engineering teams that create
new research, products and services.  Engineering leaders create and
guide these teams in their pursuit of breakthrough endeavors.  How do
diversity and inclusion initiatives inform these efforts and how can we
all be better leaders and colleagues as we seek to increase diversity of
thought in scientific and engineering breakthroughs?

Bio: Lucy Sanders is CEO and Co-founder of the National Center for Women
& Information Technology (NCWIT) and also serves as
Executive-in-Residence for the ATLAS Institute at the University of
Colorado Boulder (CU). She has an extensive industry background, having
worked in R&D and executive (VP) positions at AT&T/Lucent Bell Labs. In
1996, Lucy was awarded the Bell Labs Fellow Award, the highest technical
accomplishment bestowed at the company, and she has six patents. Lucy
serves as a Trustee for the Center for American Entrepreneurship in
Washington D.C. and the International Computer Science Institute at the
University of California, Berkeley.

Please plan to attend!
Thursday, March 1, 2018
4:00pm  Brown Hall W210

Then, come to our meeting at 6 PM! See you at both!

Jack M. Rosenthal                 ( http://inside.mines.edu/~jrosenth
Graduate Student, Computer Science )     http://jack.rosenth.al

Arguing that Java is better than C++ is like arguing that
grasshoppers taste better than tree bark.
    -- Thant Tessman