LUG: First LUG Meeting Tomorrow (Thursday) at 6 PM

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Wed Aug 29 16:00:38 MDT 2018

Hi LUGgers,

This is a reminder that our first meeting will be tomorrow (Thursday,
8/30) at 6 PM in the ALAMODE lab (BB 136).

Here's what will go on:

* I'll give a short talk covering:

  - What is Linux?
  - Why should I want to use Linux?
  - How do I choose a Linux distro?
  - and more...

* You can bring a laptop, desktop, or toaster oven, and we'll try our
  best to help you install Linux on there. We can help you with a
  variety of scenarios:

  - Wipe clean & install
  - Virtual machine
  - Dual booting

* If you don't want to set up on your own laptop, we can check you out a
  loaner laptop. We will help you install a distro of choice on there.

* And of course, we'll have free pizza. And, since it's a special
  occasion tomorrow (someone's birthday!) we will have cake too!

Come early at 5 pm if you want to hang out for the Linux Help Session!

Hope to see you there!

Jack M. Rosenthal                 ( http://inside.mines.edu/~jrosenth
Graduate Student, Computer Science )     http://jack.rosenth.al

Greetings Professor Falken...
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.