LUG: Meeting Tomorrow: Elections, Babbage's Difference Engine, Emacs Org-mode

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Wed Apr 4 12:33:52 MDT 2018

LUGgers,

Here's who is up on the elections plate for tomorrow:

President:      Jack Rosenthal
Vice President: Sam Warfield, Jordan Newport, Jackson Garner
Treasurer:      Adam Frick, Sam Warfield*
Secretary:      Robby Zampino, Adam Frick*, Sam Warfield*,
                Jordan Newport*, Jackson Garner*
Help Guru:      Sumner Evans, Adam Frick*

An asterisk next to a name indicates that the position is an "if not
then" selection: they will only be an option if they do not win a
previous position.

It's also not too late to run for any position. To sign up, send me an
Email before tomorrow with the position you would like to run for. More
info here:

https://lug.mines.edu/info/elections-lug.html

After elections, we will have 2 semi-short talks:

* Jordan Newport will talk on Charles Babbage's Difference Engine
* David Florness will talk on Org-mode in Emacs

All of this will be going on at 6 PM in ALAMODE (BB 136), this Thursday,
2018-04-05. As per usual, the Linux Help Session will be right before at
5 PM in the same room, and we'll have food at our meeting.

Finally, put the LAN party for this weekend in your calendar: