LUG: Arch Linux Printing

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Mon Sep 11 13:44:43 MDT 2017

If you are talking about printing in the ALAMODE Lab (which is nice,
because it's free!), the best way I've found is to forward your print
job over SSH... sort of like so:

    ssh isengard lpr -P bb136-printer <myfile.pdf

This is usually nice to make as an alias... many call it the "alpr"
alias:

    alias alpr='ssh isengard lpr -P bb136-printer'

Of course, this isn't as nice as just using CUPS directly... I've
thought about writing a CUPS driver which did this but haven't gotten
around to it.

If you're talking about the OrePrint thing... well then I have no idea
how to use it...

Combined BS/MS Computer Science
President of Mines ACM Student Chapter