LUG: Meeting Tomorrow: Text Editor Lightning Talks

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Wed Sep 6 09:32:07 MDT 2017

LUGgers,

During our meeting tomorrow, we are going to have a short series of
"Lightning Talks" from other LUG members about FOSS text editors for
Linux.

* Sumner Evans will be talking about the popular "Vim" text editor
* David Grisham will be talking about "Kakoune", a vim inspired editor
* Robbie Merillat will be talking about Visual Studios Code, an
  Electron-based open source IDE from Microsoft
* Nick Lantz was going to do a talk on Emacs + evil mode, but had to
  leave on a trip, so I will take over (we'll see how I do!)... if
  anyone knows this subject matter a bit better and wants to take over,
  let me know ASAP!
* I will do a short talk on TECO ("Tape Editor and COrrector"), one of
  the oldest text editors (mostly for historical reasons and laughs!)

Also, since I know you must all be getting bored of Pizza, we will have
Chick-Fil-A tomorrow (with salad as a vegetarian option)!

We will be meeting in GC 297 at 6 PM, Thursday, Sep 7th.

Also: the Linux Help Session is starting. We will have a Linux Help
Session the hour before each meeting at 5 PM in the same room (GC 297).
Adam Frick will be there and can help you set up Linux on your notebook,
or whatever else you need help with! Also a good time to come early and
socialize before our meeting.

See you there!

Combined BS/MS Computer Science
President of Mines ACM Student Chapter