LUG: Meeting Tomorrow: Email

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Wed Oct 18 08:24:09 MDT 2017

LUGgers,

This is a meta-Email, that is, an Email about a talk on Email. Have you
ever pondered these questions?

 * What is Email?
 * How does my Email get from one person to another when we use
   different servers?
 * How can I send an Email using nothing but telnet and a keyboard?
 * How can someone "spoof" that they are sending Email as someone they
   are not?
 * What's a MTA? MUA? IMAP? POP3? LMDP? SMTP?
 * What Email server software is available for Linux?
 * How do I setup Postfix and Dovecot to play nicely together?

If you answered YES to any of the questions above, I have the talk
just for you:

 Email and Email Servers