LUG: Officer Elections for 2017-2018 to be held Thursday, April 6th @6pm

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Mon Mar 27 09:43:25 MDT 2017

LUGgers,

We will hold officer elections on Thursday, April 6th @6pm in GC 297
(our usual meeting location). All positions will be open for election.
This includes:

  * President: The position I currently hold. The president is
responsible for driving the vision of the club, as well as "all around
making sure that everything happens".

  * Vice President: Currently held by Caleb Jhones. The vice president
is responsible for being the assistant to the president, helping the
president come up with innovative ways to engage members, and filling in
as needed when the president is unavailable.

  * Treasurer: Currently held by Brandon Verkamp. The treasurer is
responsible for managing the club's budgets, working with the BSO to
report and request funding, and additionally any other roles as assigned
by the president. The treasurer will be required to receive training
from the BSO/SAO regarding Treasury, and will have to pass the
Treasurer's Exam at the beginning of the school year (this is not
required *now* to be elected). The Treasurer role will likely require
more work than in previous years, as we actually have money to spend for
next year.

  * Secretary: Currently held by Jonathan "Sumner" Evans. The secretary
is responsible for taking attendance at all of our meetings and keeping
a digital file of attendance up to date, as well as any other roles as
assigned by the president.

  * Linux Help Guru: Currently held by Nicholas Lantz. The Linux Help
Guru is responsible for organizing weekly Linux Help Sessions, as well
as any other roles as assigned by the president.

If you are interested in running for any of these roles for the
2017-2018 school year, please respond to this email with which one you
would like to run for. You can also let me know a "if not then"
situation, eg. "I want to run for Vice President, but if I don't win,
then I will run for Secretary.".

Keep in mind that in order to run for any of these roles, you must
intend on being a student at the Colorado School of Mines for at least
the Fall 2017 and the Spring 2018 semesters.

Additionally, please remember that being an officer of the Mines Linux
Users Group is a serious time commitment, including frequent officer
meetings and preparation for club events. Officer positions are _not
just a title_...

In order to vote in these elections, you must show up at our meeting on
April 6th. We won't allow a remote vote except under serious
circumstances (eg. medical emergency).

Combined BS/MS Computer Science
President of Mines ACM Student Chapter