LUG: A sudden change in tonight's talk

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Thu Feb 9 08:51:54 MST 2017

LUGgers,

I haven't quite had the time I thought I would to perfect tonight's
talk, and I'd like to save it for another week (it's better to give a
more complete presentation later than a partially done presentation
tonight).

Instead, we are going to be watching "Generators: Powering Iteration in
Python" by Luciano Ramalho, author of "Fluent Python". This talk is a
part of ACM's Learning Webinar series, and it covers a variety of
features that go in to programming language design regarding iteration.

Apologies that I was not able to get the "Booting Linux" talk done for
tonight. But have no fear, I will give the talk later this semester!

Also:
  1. I need people to sign up to do LUG talks. Pretty much every
     Thursday under the sun is open now... email me if you want to do
     one.
  2. Don't forget to donate to CS at Mines on #idigmines today!

Combined BS/MS Computer Science
President of Mines ACM Student Chapter