LUG: Linux Users Group gets a new face

Jonathan Evans jonathanevans at mymail.mines.edu
Sat Apr 1 23:10:42 MDT 2017

LUGgers (I mean, WUGgers),

Let's take a moment to thank Jack for showing such great leadership in this
area. I second the motion. There are many reasons why we should become the
Windows Users Group, I've outlined a few below:

1. It would make my job easier as secretary since I wouldn't have to find
Linux labs to have our meetings in
2. Attendance at our Windows Help Sessions would skyrocket
3. We could do very interesting talks such as:
    - The History of the BSOD
    - An Extensive History of Windows Viruses Rated by Number of Infected
Computers Still in Use at Fortune 500 Companies
    - The Registry: A Comprehensive Guide
    - Best Windows OSes Ordered by Current Usage (spoiler alert, Windows 7
from 2009 is still winning)
    - Coolest Windows Features Rated by Privacy Invasion Capabilities and
Known Exploits
    - Most Popular Windows Applications Sorted by Irrelevance
    - A Comprehensive Guide to Reinstalling Windows and Why You Should do
so Every Year
    - How to find Program Executables in the 28 Places Where They Might Be

In short, I believe that this new vision for WUG is necessary to take us to
the next level. I am fully backing this bylaw amendment.

Sincerely,

*Jonathan Sumner Evans*
Colorado School of Mines
Computer Science
*Secretary, Mines Windows Users Group*

jonathanevans at mines.edu
the-evans.family/sumner/
+1 (720) 459-1501 <%28720%29%20459-1501>

P.S. Happy April Fools Day to you too Jack, it smelled fishy, but it was
convincing.