LUG: Linux Users Group gets a new face

Jack Rosenthal jrosenth at mines.edu
Sat Apr 1 06:02:57 MDT 2017

LUGgers,

It has come to my attention that the Linux Users Group is not too much
about Linux, but we mostly talk about computer science stuff in general.
Not even all of us use Linux (I'm a recent FreeBSD convert, for
example).

One of my goals as President is to attract as many new users as
possible. Targeting the base of *just Linux users* won't allow us to
reach our fullest potential of users we could. For example, according to
the highly credible folks at Wikipedia, Windows users account for 91.39%
of Desktop operating systems.

So I propose we have a new, more friendly face, to show the public what
it means to be a part of our club. Coming soon, you will see a bylaw
amendment you can vote on to officially rename our club. I propose that
we rename to "Windows Users Group", or WUG for short, to honor the
widespread usage of Windows.

So welcome to WUG!

Jack

PS. Happy April Fools Day!