LUG: NMR Software Installation problem on Linux Mint Debian

tigery at skybeam.com tigery at skybeam.com
Sat Jan 31 08:52:59 MST 2015

Hello fellow Linux Users,
   I'm having difficulty installing this NMR software for one of my
classes. Here's the terminal output, starting from executing the installer:

tk at linux-mint-debian:~/bin/Delta_Software$ sh
DeltaInstaller_v4.3.6_Linux.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
strings: '/lib/libc.so.6': No such file

Launching installer...

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an
InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/tmp/install.dir.5798/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6:
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
    at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.g(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.h(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA8113)
    at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA8113)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java
Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application
will now exit. (LAX)

I'm not sure what to do to fix this, having no experience with Java
programming, but I reckoned you guys might easily recognize the error.
Any suggestions? Also, if anyone knows of any open-source NMR software
that I can use, I'd be happy to hear about it. All the ones I found were
more specialized.

Thanks,
Tk