LUG: Any Volunteers?

Troy A. Sornson tsornson at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Feb 16 18:21:40 MST 2015

Hey LUG,

My name is Troy Sornson and I'm looking for people to help test my Masters
Project sometime later this month or early next month.

My project is a test to see if visualizing the function call graph of a
program would help programmers implement new features or debug, especially
if the programmer is new or doesn't remember the project at all. A function
call graph is simply a graph of which functions call which other functions
(i.e. function main calls functionOne and functionTwo, each of which calls
their own functions, etc.). I've attached screenshots of an example graph.
Right now the project only supports Java, though it's intended to support
many languages in the future.

I need to establish whether this will help programmers or not - this is
where you (hopefully) come in. If you're able to give me a bit of your time
for this phase in my project, please send me an email at
tsornson at mymail.mines.edu and I'll get back to you with more details on how
the testing will work.

Thank you for your time,
Troy Sornson