LUG: Fwd: Help with rebuilding a cluster

Zachary Harrison Stigall zstigall at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Feb 17 19:30:50 MST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Vivek Shankar Bharadwaj" <vbharadw at mymail.mines.edu>
Date: Feb 14, 2014 1:12 PM
Subject: Help with rebuilding a cluster
To: <zstigall at mines.edu>

Hi Zachary,

I am Vivek Bharadwaj, and am a Graduate student at the Chem E department.
In our research group we do Molecular Dynamics and Quantum mechanical
simulations using HPC.

We have a local cluster with a few nodes that is currently in disuse. I
need to install the Ubuntu Server edition, get it to communicate with all
the nodes, configure the head node with a job scheduler and queueing system
etc.

Would you happen to know anyone in the group that might have already done
something of this sort?

Thank you.

--
Vivek S. Bharadwaj