LUG: Distro install problems

Matthew D. Buland mbuland at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Sep 23 13:18:33 MDT 2013

But dd overwrites the entire file system. If the transfer failed, there
could be FS problems, but then its a hardware issue.

The next thing I'd try is booting from a full USB HDD. Or, boot CD and try
to mount a data partition from the USB device. If you can't do that, its
most likely a hardware defect.

I have burnable media and a USB HDD at home if you need one.

-Matt Buland