LUG: Embedded Linux/Programming Software Opportunity

Michael Rose mirose at mymail.mines.edu
Mon Nov 23 12:09:16 MST 2009

Hey LUG,

I received an email from Kevin Knussmann of Mark VII Equipment who
build automated carwash systems and are looking for a programmer to
help them with an embedded server project. I'm not sure who all would
be interested, but he is looking for programmers with experience and
interest in embedded systems, some extra details from Kevin:

"The embedded server software is off-the-shelf boa server.  The device
itself - there are 2:  A CTEK server and the Spider from AutoTec.

>From Axotec (www.axotec.com) we are using the Spider III.
>From Axis (www.CTEKDIRECT.com) we are using
http://www.ctekdirect.com/ctekg6200deviceserver.aspx

There are worked-examples already running.

Qualifications that are going to be import in this application will be:
- Embedded Linux - A good understanding of how to create/modify an
embedded linux system.
- Using CGI writen in C to request data from the car wash controller
and then post it in HTML.
- Threads and IPC methods.
- RS232 communications - The Server pulls data from the Carwash
controller (An Infeneon RISC processor)."

If anyone is interested in having him come in, send me an email
otherwise please let him know if you have an interest.