LUG: LAN Party! Sorry I can't be there, though.

cdavis at mines.edu cdavis at mines.edu
Fri Apr 18 20:00:38 MDT 2008

Guys,

Sorry I can't be here.

Luckily, I got the VPN client working, so now I can play with you
guys... I hope. I've had problems in the past with combined
Mac/Windows networks--particularly relating to the firewall, which
I've turned off so I can play.

Since my GLX configuration is shot on both Mac OS X and Linux, I can
only play games native to Mac--unless you're willing to wait for me to
boot Linux and fiddle with it until I fix this problem. WarCraft III
is native to Mac, as is StarCraft. Some other games might have native
Mac versions, too (if I knew where to get them).

In the interests of brevity, I'll explain everything else later.

Chip