[eb-grad-students] EB Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility climate survey for students and student employees

Kathleen Martin kmartin at mines.edu
Fri Oct 25 14:54:47 MDT 2019

Dear Economics and Business Students,

Late last spring, the Economics and Business Division   (EB) worked to develop  a Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility  (DI&A) Plan. One of the first points was to collect data on how faculty, staff, and students in EB perceive the current climate around DI&A in the Division.

Because many departments and divisions also need to establish baselines, the Mines DI&A Council has developed a common survey instrument that was established starting from materials developed at Berkeley. We would be interested in your view of the climate in the Division, which you can share by completing the following SurveyMonkey Survey:

Academic Self-Assessment<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KMBTP6H>

Further, if you are employed by the EB Division in some capacity (workstudy, Undergrad research, teaching assistant, research assistant), we would be interested in your opinion about the DI&A climate as an employee, which you can share by completing the following:

Employee service, Mentorship & Professional Development  <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KX9YTD7>

The surveys are anonymous. Results will be collected by the DI&A leadership, cleaned as needed to ensure anonymity, and then returned to me. I will then share the results with the department and we may revise the DI&A plan as appropriate based on those results. T

PLEASE COMPLETE THESE SURVEYS BY MONDAY NOVEMBER 25th.

Thanks! - Kevin Moore, Acting Division Director, Economics and Business