[eb-grad-students] info from Graduate Student Government

Kathleen Martin kmartin at mines.edu
Mon Oct 7 09:21:09 MDT 2019

1. Director of ARL Central at the US Army Research Laboratory to visit Mines. See attached flyer.

2. Insight Fellows Program
Apply to the Insight Fellows Program by October 21: https://apply.insightdatascience.com<https://apply.insightdatascience.com/?utm_source=20a3colgsgp>

The Insight Fellows Programs are tuition-free fellowships for graduating students looking to transition to thriving careers as data scientists, engineers, and other cutting-edge professionals.

Insight Fellows:
- Pay no tuition; the program is fully funded by top companies
- Receive guidance throughout the entire process to meet, interview, and join top companies
- Launch a cutting-edge career where the average starting salary is $127K
- Join Insight from a wide range of backgrounds & education levels
- Join a community of 3,000 alumni that support each other throughout their careers

Insight alumni are now working at Facebook, LinkedIn, The New York Times, Apple, Airbnb, Netflix, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Github, Slack, 23andMe, Twitter, Bloomberg, NBC, Pinterest, Microsoft, Wayfair and 700+ other top companies.

We're now accepting applications from graduating students (must have completed all coursework by January 13th in order to participate full time) for our winter sessions.

Programs:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Engineering
- DevOps Engineering
- Decentralized Consensus
- Security
- Data Science*
- Health Data Science*

*Please note that our programs are open to all degree levels, except our Data Science and Health programs, which have a PhD requirement

Locations:
-San Francisco
-New York
-Boston
-Seattle
-Toronto
-Los Angeles
-Remote Program

Upcoming Deadline & Start Date:
- Application deadline: October 21
- Session begins: January 13

Want to learn more about Insight? Sign up for our upcoming online info session:
Bridging the Gap to a Career in Data
DATE: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
TIME: 5:00pm PT / 8:00pm ET
Please sign up for the info session here<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MPqM5a1lRzu9fb95wKbH4g>.