[eb-grad-students] Golden Ages, Event organized by the Saudi Student Club @ Mines. Wed, April 17 @ 5pm

Heather Southworth hsouthworth at mines.edu
Mon Apr 15 11:01:11 MDT 2019

All,

Rod wanted me to forward this to you.  You are invited by members of the Saudi Student Club at Colorado School of Mines to an upcoming event on Wednesday, April 17th called 'The Golden Ages'.  It is focused on scientific innovations that were preserved and developed by the Muslim world from the 7th century to the 17th century.  Here is brief description of the event:

From the 7th century onward, men and women of different faiths and cultures built on knowledge from ancient civilizations making breakthroughs that have left their mark on our world.

Arab, Persian, Indian, Turkish, North African, Spanish, Sicilian and other nationalities and cultures formed this large area of Muslim Civilization that included men and woman scholars of Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Sabean, Hindu and other faiths.

Knowledge from Assyrian, Babylonian, Chinese, Egyptian, Greek, Indian, Persian and Roman civilizations was highly prized in the Muslim Civilization. Scholars advanced science by building upon ancient wisdom, making breakthroughs that have had a huge but mostly unknown influence on our world.

This ‘Golden Age of Discovery’ took place during the so-called ‘Dark Ages’ of Europe. Join us on a journey to the past to inspire a better future!

[image.png]

Thanks,
Heather Southworth
Temporary Administration Assistant
Division of Economics and Business
[horizontal mines logo for light background]
816 15th St. Golden, CO 80401
303-273-3979 | hsouthworth at mines.edu<mailto:hsouthworth at mines.edu> | EconBus.Mines.edu<https://econbus.mines.edu/>

[facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/MinesEB/>  [twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/MinesEconBus>   [instagram icon]  <https://www.instagram.com/mines_eb/>  [youtube icon]  <https://www.youtube.com/user/ColoSchoolofMines>  [pintrest icon]   <https://www.pinterest.com/coschoolofmines/> [flickr icon] <https://www.flickr.com/people/mineseb/>