[eb-grad-students] Counseling services

Roderick Eggert reggert at mines.edu
Fri Jun 8 17:14:56 MDT 2018

EB graduate students, faculty and staff,

As a follow up to my message earlier this afternoon about Will Duey, please know that there are university and community counseling services available - see the information below that I coincidentally received recently from the Mines Counseling Center.

Rod Eggert

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3700C.67339AB0]

Hi, Everyone.

As we make our way through our quiet summer here at Mines, I wanted to ensure everyone was aware of our support team we have on campus and information on a few local resources.  Please know, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with reaching out and that there is, indeed, help out there waiting for you.  You are not alone either to help yourself or to help someone else.  If you would like to reach out personally, please find some resources listed below or find your way to a preferred faculty or staff member and we’ll help guide you to our local resources.  If you would like to reach out on behalf of someone else, you can always share your concerns through the report form at care.mines.edu<https://www.mines.edu/student-life/care/> or by emailing care at mines.edu<mailto:care at mines.edu>, which is monitored by several CARE Team members on a daily basis.

Mines Counseling Center:
Counseling Center –http://counseling.mines.edu/

Sandra Sims, Director of Counseling Center
303-384-2008
ssims at mines.edu<mailto:ssims at mines.edu>
Local Community
COLORADO CRISIS SERVICES
www.ColoradoCrisisServices.org<http://coloradocrisisservices.org/>
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CALL?

If you don’t know where to begin getting mental health, substance use or emotional help for yourself or someone you know—start here. We provide confidential and immediate support, 24/7/365. If you are in crisis or need help dealing with one, call this toll-free number 1-844-493-TALK (8255) or text TALK to 38255 to speak to a trained professional.

When you call Colorado Crisis Services, you will be connected to a trained crisis counselor. We offer translation services for non-English speakers, we engage in immediate problem solving, and we always make follow-up calls to ensure you receive continued care.

Our walk-in crisis services are open 24/7, and offer confidential, in-person crisis support, information and referrals to anyone in need.

Jefferson Center for Mental Health
http://www.jeffersonmentalhealth.org/contact.cfm

The Jefferson Center for Mental Health is the not-for- profit community mental health center serving Jefferson, Clear Creek, and Gilpin counties since 1958. Our mission is to promote mental health and provide quality mental health services for persons with emotional problems and/or serious mental illness. We are partners with our community, working together to create a place that fosters mental health and supports those with mental health challenges.