[eb-grad-students] EARTHx & The Mines

Melanie Barnhart barnhart at mines.edu
Mon Feb 5 10:30:58 MST 2018

EARTHx hosts the largest Earth Day celebration in the world with over
120,000 participants and attendees last year. A plethora of activity takes
center stage with over 1 million sq. feet of space at the State Fair Grounds
including an expo, engaging activation demos, film festival, conferences,
and more scheduled for April 20-22 in Dallas, TX at Fair Park there is
something for everyone.

EARTHx activities the School of Mines might have interest in:

?         EARTHxHack- An environmental hackathon which takes place over a
24-hour period where "hackers" team up to build products ranging from web
applications, mobile apps, to hardware hacks that have a positive impact on
the environment in response to challenge statements from corporate sponsors.

o   EARTHxHack Highlight Video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWOzuSNqyk>

?         EARTHxFilm- A showcase for film and emerging media that explore
science, conservation, climate change and the environment, while honoring
the heroes working to protect our planet.

o   EARTHxFilm Highlight Video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSZyvFRMak>

?         E-Capital Summit- cultivates and convenes mission-driven
investors, incubators, accelerators, researchers and breakthrough clean
technology innovates to form partnerships having substantial, positive
impacts on profit, people and the planet.

o   E-Capital Summit Sponsorship Packet
<https://www.clearslide.com/view/mail?iID=Sd8fFschMnGV2M2kPQ64>  (this link
will give students with startup's or an entrepreneurship spirit an idea of
the event)

?         EARTHx Expo- The epicenter of activity throughout the weekend with
close to 1,000 exhibits from corporations, NGO's, universities, and
government agencies (including the DOE)

o   EARTHxExpo Highlight Video
<https://www.clearslide.com/view/mail?iID=t2NJnmbv3v27LWJbQZNP>

?         And much more!

Our event brings value to both students and departments across the
university to attend and exhibit (I've attached a one-sheet on exhibiting
with pricing and demographic information). EARTHx presents an opportunity to
learn, recruit, and meet leaders in the business community.

I sincerely hope the Colorado School of Mines will consider participating in
some capacity. Thank you for your consideration and I'm here for any
thoughts or questions.

Best regards,

-Stephen

Stephen Coffman

Business Development

214.669.4112 (Mobile)

stephen.coffman at earthx.org <mailto:taryn.darter at EARTHx.org>

EARTHx.ORG <http://www.earthx.org/>

 <https://www.facebook.com/earthxorg/>  <https://twitter.com/earthxorg>
<https://www.instagram.com/earthxorg/>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC79bJXPacuiS262Q5SB84Tg>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/1968426/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their
agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and
any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited