[eb-grad-students] opportunity for a MEE research assistant with a faculty member

Kathleen Martin kmartin at mines.edu
Thu Oct 13 11:43:15 MDT 2016

I am looking to hire a MS or PhD MEE student as a research assistant.  The project would run from November 2016 through April 2017. It involves using a financial model to assess the competitiveness of mining taxation regimes for mining investments in Latin America and the Caribbean. It will also require some qualitative analysis. The student I am looking for would ideally:

1.      Have taken engineering economics at CSM or have taken it in the past
2.      Be in their third semester at CSM, and intending to stay for a 4th semester
3.      Be Spanish speaking
4.      Be familiar with mine cash flow models
5.      Be familiar with taxation policy
6.      Be familiar with the mining activity in Latin America and the Caribbean
7.      Be proficient in Excel

Let me know if you are interested.  I will pass your names onto the researcher.

Kathleen Martin
COLORADOSCHOOLOFMINES
Program Assistant
Division of Economics and Business